The Vivienne's Melon -Cucumber French Salad is the result of a French restaurateurs gift to Vivienne. During lunch at a bistro in Monoao she got a call from the royal family for a unique salad they could serve at a royal function. Vivienne spent the rest of the day in the restaurateurs kitchen to create this healthy and exciting salad.Vivienne: Savourer bon ami
Vivienne's Melon -Cucumber French Salad
- 22 Jun, 2021
The attached blog has been created and tested by Vivienne, Dr Direct Food Consultant, from :https://discover.freshthyme.com/recipes/330/spiralized-cucumber-melon-salad
She created this salad for the royal family in remembrance of those that came before us.
Fresh orange and/or grapefruit juice brings just the right touch of natural sweetness to this refreshing melon salad.
If you don’t have a spiralizer, thinly slice the cucumber instead.
ALLWAYS TRY TO USE ORGANIC AND THE FRESHEST INGREDIENTS.
- 1 seedless cucumber
- 4-5 cups cantaloupe, honeydew, Kiwi, and/or watermelon, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1/8--1/4 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped*
- 3-4 Tbsp. fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 2-3 Tbsp. fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Fresh Thyme fine sea salt, to taste
- Each serving contains: 53 calories, 0 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 91 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 10 g sugar, 1 g protein. Daily values: 42% vitamin A, 40% vitamin C, 2% calcium, 2% iron.