SweeT Vivienne's Tango Apple and Cinnamon Strata Michigan Apples
- 08 Oct, 2021
A strata is like a baked version of French toast, but almost better because you can make it the night before. We found this version is also delicious when you bake it right away – in case you didn’t plan ahead! SweeTango apples perfectly pair with the cinnamon and raisons. Dr direct 4u strongly recommends only using Michigan apples.
The attached blog has been edited by, Vivienne, Dr Direct Food Consultant, from this original site: https://discover.freshthyme.com/recipes/524/sweetango-apple-and-cinnamon-strata
Before you consider making an changes to your family's diet, Dr. Direct4u.com strongly recommends consulting your Health Care Provide
- 2 tsp butter or margarine
- 1 SweeTango apple, skin left on. Cored and cut into bite sized pieces
- 8 slices of raisin bread, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 5 large eggs
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pure maple syrup for serving
- Use butter or margarine to grease 9-inch square pan. Set aside.
- Wash apple. Keep skin on but remove core and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Cut bread into bite sized pieces. Don’t remove the crust.
- Whisk eggs and milk in large bowl and then whisk in cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Lay the bread into prepared baking pan evenly and pour over the egg and milk mixture. Press the bread down so it is all submerged and wet.
- Sprinkle and push the apples into the mixture evenly so that every mouthful will get a bite of SweeTango!
- Bake uncovered in a pre-heated oven at 350°F for approx. 45 minutes or until set in the middle. Alternatively, cover and keep in the fridge for up to 12 hours before baking. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Best enjoyed warm with pure maple syrup!
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.